OUR PRACTICE AREAS
Publications By Pierce & Mandell P.C. Attorneys
- "Physicians." Massachusetts Health and Hospital Law Manual, 2nd Edition 2014, Karen Rabinovici Co-Author of Chapter 5
- "Will Massachusetts seize the chance to help abused elephants?" Massachusetts Lawyers Journal, Volume 21, Number 8, April 2014, by Karen Rabinovici
- "Guardianship Proceedings in Massachusetts Probate Courts for Health Care Facilities: The Not-so-Uniform Probate Court" by William A. Mandell and Suzanne M. Fuchs, Boston Bar Association's Health Law Reporter (Spring 2012)
- “Sunshine Is On the Way: Federal Reporting Law Proposed Rule” by William Mandell The Boston Health Law Reporter (Winter 2012)
- "Federal Electronic Health Record Incentive Payments – Final “Meaningful Use” Regulations" by William M. Mandell and Dean P. Nicastro (October 2010)
- "Here Comes the Sunshine Act: Impact on the Massachusetts Gift Ban and Reporting Law" by William Mandell The Boston Health Law Reporter (Spring 2010)
- "Recent SJC Peer Review Case: Board of Registration in Medicine v. Hallmark Health Corporation" by Dean P. Nicastro (August 18, 2009)
- The Final DPH Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Manufacturer Conduct Regulations: The Industry Perspective, by William M. Mandell, Boston Bar Association Health Law Reporter, Summer 2009
- Managing Physician Industry Relationships: Massachusetts and Beyond in 2009 by William M. Mandell
- "Massachusetts Finalizes Drug and Device Marketing Code" from Medical Meetings, March 18, 2009
- Managing Relationships with Industry: A Physician's Compliance Manual by Steven C. Schachter, M.D., William M. Mandell, Scott Harshbarger, and Randall Grometstein, Ph.D. (Elsevier June 2008). This book was reviewed in "The New England Journal of Medicine" (Vol. 360, No. 13) on March 26, 2009.
- "National Blue Cross Settlement Compliance Process is Under Way" by Dean P. Nicastro. Linked with permission from Vital Signs (November 2008), published by the Massachusetts Medical Society.
- "Physician Liability to Non-Patients: Coombes v. Florio, 450 Mass. 182 (2007)" Boston Bar Journal Case Focus (May/June 2008) by Dean P. Nicastro. Reprinted/used with permission from the Boston Bar Journal, a publication of the Boston Bar Association.
- "Five Reasons to Update Group Practice Buy-in/Buy-out Documents" by William M. Mandell and Dean P. Nicastro. Posted with permission from Practice Management Review (Spring 2008), published by the Massachusetts Medical Society.
- "New Hospital Accreditation Standards Designed to Empower Medical Staffs" by Dean P. Nicastro. Linked with permission from Vital Signs (March 2008), published by the Massachusetts Medical Society.
- "Law and Medicine: What's Ethics Got to Do with It?" by Dean P. Nicastro. Linked with permission from Massachusetts Medical Law Report (Summer 2007).
- "Making Sense of the Stark Law: Compliance for the Medical Practice"
Copyright 2005 Massachusetts Medical Society. All Rights Reserved. Linked with permission. This manual was prepared by William M. Mandell, Esq. and Dean P. Nicastro, Esq., of the law firm of Pierce and Mandell (Boston, Massachusetts) in conjunction with and under the direction of the Massachusetts Medical Society's Department of Health Policy/Health Systems and the Office of the General Counsel.
- "New Protections Proposed for Electronic Prescribing and Health Records" by Dean P. Nicastro. Linked with permission from Massachusetts Medical Law Report (Winter 2006).
- "Fraud and Abuse: the Final Stark II Phase II Regulations" by Dean P. Nicastro and William M. Mandell. Linked with permission from Massachusetts Medical Law Report (Autumn 2005).
- "Non-Compete Clauses and Massachusetts Physicians" Excerpted from Massachusetts Health and Hospital Law Manual, Chapter on Physicians, Co-authored by William M. Mandell, published and copyrighted by Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Inc, 2004 (used by permission).
- "Breaking Language Barriers, Rules for Dealing with Hearing-Impaired and Non-English Speaking Patients" by Dean P. Nicastro. Linked with permission from Massachusetts Medical Law Report (Summer 2006).
- "Is Good Public Health Also Good Business" by Dean P. Nicastro. Linked with permission from New England In-House (October 2004).
- Selling or Buying a Dental Practice
- Employment Checklist for Dentists
- Dental Practice Startup Checklist
Intellectual Property Law
- "Supreme Court ruling in eBay hasn't precluded injunctions for patent infringement" By Chris Engebretson and Tom Kenney. Linked with permission from New England In-House (March 2007).
- "Ensuring Coverage for Trademark Infringement Suits" by Robert R. Pierce & Thomas E. Kenney. Linked with permission from New England In-House (July 2003).
- Synergy snaps up 11 Beacon St. office building for $35M, Boston Herald, February 1, 2013
- "Serving on Non-Profit Boards: Complications for Public Officials" by Dean P. Nicastro. Linked with permission from New England In-House (October 2005).
- "The Trademark Owner’s Dilemma - Vigorous Enforcement of Rights or Bullying” Massachusetts Bar Association’s Complex Commercial Litigation Section Newsletter, Spring 2015, by Thomas E. Kenney.